Clinical Nurse (RN1)
Melbourne & Ararat
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- $100K plus generous motor vehicle allowance
- Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging
- Fixed Term Full Time
- Travelling across metropolitan + rural Victoria
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Supported by the Clinical Services Manager, Wintringham’s dynamic and highly skilled Clinical Care Team provides support to our residential and community sites ensuring that residents and clients receive high quality services that meet their health care needs.
Our Clinical Care Team are an integral part of our operations systems and play a vital role in the assessment, delivery and review of care to clients with complex needs. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with enthusiasm, experience and a sense of curiosity to join our team on a Full Time – Fixed Term until January 2021. As a key ‘go to’ person for prison and site based nursing staff, you will have an excellent understanding of current best practice guidelines in aged care and be confident in providing advice and guidance.
The successful applicant must be a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with experience in Aged Care (either residential or community). Experience with palliative, wound, or continence management would be ideal. Candidates with a detailed knowledge of alcohol dependence and associated behaviours will be looked on favourably.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Practicing within a rural custodial setting to assess, plan, implement and evaluate older prisoner’s health needs.
- Liaising closely with the Wintringham Clinical team
- Assessing the needs of the individual within the boundaries set by the profession and the environment
- Collaborate with Prison staff to identify cost affective future options for the Victorian older prisoner cohort
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- A current driver’s licence and appropriate motor vehicle
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to problem solve and improve practices in order to provide the safest possible service to our clients.
- A Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (favourable)
- A non-judgmental attitude and the ability to liaise with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail
Only applicants who accompany their resume with a cover letter addressing the following four questions will be considered for interview:
- Why you are interested in this particular position & organisation?
- How you can add value to our Clinical Care Team?
- What are the most important attributes you provide as a nurse?
- What areas of nursing do you enjoy the most?
How to apply:
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Monday 29th July 2019
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”