Financial Controller - Asia Pacific
Emergent Cold was formed with a vision of building a temperature-controlled storage network to provide distribution solutions to the global cold chain.
We are the market leader in Australia with capacity for 300,000 pallets of temperature-controlled space, and a leading service provider in Vietnam. We have recently acquired operations in Sri Lanka and New Zealand with another proposed acquisition in Melbourne’s West. Investments in Piera, Peru has just been announced and more to come!
We are seeking an experienced Financial Controller – Asia Pacific to join our team in Dandenong South. This role will be responsible for the combined Australian and Asia Pacific regional finance team. This role will be responsible for driving company policy & process across the regional finance functions and for leading project implementation of financial ERP and reporting systems across the region. The ability to navigate and manage change will be an important attribute of the successful candidate.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage group Asia Pacific financial process, systems and reporting
- Manage consolidations, intercompany accounts, foreign exchange, cash repatriation and transfer pricing across the region
- Manage banking arrangements and associated compliance reporting
- Manage the treasury function including cash flow, asset and capex controls
- Manage weekly and monthly financial and KPI reporting processes
- Ensure effective internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Manage external audit advisors and process and the preparation of annual statutory reports for the Asia Pacific group
- Manage all Asia Pacific group taxation matters including completion of annual Income Tax and FBT returns and monthly and annual BAS returns, as well as transfer pricing and related arrangements
- Oversee receivables and payable processes and ensure compliance with internal controls and delegated authorities
- Oversee the financial control of all assets and liabilities
- Liaise with advisors and regulatory bodies as required and assist with corporate company secretarial administration
- Coordinate and review the annual budget and business forecasts
- Lead project implementation of standard ERP financial and reporting systems across the region
- Build and mentor a high performing finance team
To be successful, you will have:
- 8 years plus experience in a similar role (3PL industry experience is desirable)
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting with CA/CPA qualifications
- Experience in providing constructive leadership across a Finance team in a changing environment
- Experience in multi-customer, multi-service offering business (preferably in the 3PL space)
- Experience in group consolidation, intercompany accounts, transfer pricing, foreign exchange and tax matters
- Experience with working in a matrix environment / structure
- Experience with M&A, business combinations & integrations is a benefit
- Leading cross functional and multi-cultural projects and change management initiatives (e.g. ERP/Finance system implementation)
- Sound understanding and proficiency with Finance systems and BI tools (Infor M3, Adaptive Insights and Calumo are highly desirable)
- Intermediate to advance level of Microsoft Excel
- High level of technical accounting proficiency and solid tax experience with good attention to detail
- Ability to operate effectively and deal with ambiguity and have attuned stakeholder management skills
- Able to manage priorities and to deliver to tight timelines
- Be a responsible and responsive, personable individual, and have excellent leadership and mentoring skills
What we offer in return:
- Friendly, relaxed and non-stressful working environment with a highly effective Head Office team
- Work life balance
- A constructive culture – focused on achievements, self-actualising, humanistic encouraging and being affiliative
- Safety recognition programme, annual flu vaccinations, onsite Physiotherapist
- Corporate fleet programmes with major car dealers including novated leasing
We are a growing business that is focused on realising its vision through integrating acquisitions and new development in emerging and developed markets.
If you would like to join us, please complete the application form to submit your CV to Maria Lam - HR Business Partner.
We would love to hear from you!