Boning Room Supervisor
Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- 100% Australian owned and operated industry leader
- Full-time permanent roles
- Convenient inner-eastern suburbs location with free onsite parking
Australian Country Choice (ACC), together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings (ACBH) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. We employ over 1,500 Queenslanders and together our diverse operation processes 300,000 head of cattle across our large-scale breeding, backgrounding, farming and feedlotting through to our modern food processing and value-add packing facility.
Watch our corporate video here.
About the role:
We have vacancies for an experienced, motivated leader in food processing to join both the Day and Afternoon Shift teams in our Primary Processing Department. The Boning Room Supervisor is a permanent staff position managing and facilitating the production responsibilities of Boning Room operations. This position reports to the Boning Room Senior Supervisor and offers the opportunity for advancement within ACC.
This position is responsible for, but is not limited to:
- Undertaking the daily running of production departments along with other Supervisors;
- Ensuring that all production complies with current quality and performance measures/indicators and to meet targets of planned production e.g. schedule, efficiency, waste & yields;
- Driving a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement;
- Ensuring a productive and positive team spirit including a high level of moral and participation;
- Ensuring safe work practices and Standard Operational Procedures are followed at all times.
The nature of this role demands an enthusiastic, self-motivated, well organised, decisive person with a positive attitude, with the ability to work with and lead a team to produce results.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Demonstrated Supervisory experience in Meat Processing;
- Strong people management skills along with excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Proven experience in problem solving, maintenance troubleshooting, and continuous improvement principles;
- A practical knowledge of QA and HACCP methodologies;
- Strong work ethic, with the capability to multi task and prioritise;
- The ability to lead and mentor a team to consistently meet production targets.
We offer a supportive working environment and a range of opportunities to learn and grow your career across our fully integrated vertical supply chain. We also have an onsite gym and secure, free onsite parking. Make your next move your best yet.
Make your next move your best yet.
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.