- Are you a solicitor looking to make a real difference in the community?
- Join this community-based NFP in this rewarding and challenging role
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration circa $106,500 gross per annum plus 9.5% super and 17.5% leave loading
- Full-time role (38 hours per week)
- Eligible employees may also benefit from salary sacrifice options to further increase take-home pay
- Relocation assistance of up to $1,000 and time off in lieu arrangements available
- 3 days ex gratia leave available over the Christmas/New Year period
About Cairns Community Legal Centre
The Cairns Community Legal Centre is a non-profit, government-funded community organisation, committed to providing accessible legal and social justice services for people in the community experiencing disadvantage.
The Centre extends its services across a range of areas of law including guardianship, domestic violence, peace and good behaviour matters, consumer law, credit, debt, motor vehicle property damage, discrimination, human rights, family law, child protection, and criminal and traffic matters.
This work is provided for a diverse range of clients including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those experiencing domestic or family violence, financial difficulties and homelessness.
A Rewarding Opportunity
The Cairns Community Legal Centre now has an opportunity for a full-time Principal Solicitor to join their team in Cairns.
Reporting directly to the Centre's Director, you will be responsible for supervising, managing and leading the Centre's professional team of staff and volunteer lawyers and social workers, across all of the Centre's services.
Your specific duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Supervising staff and volunteer workers while maintaining best practice in the delivery of legal and support services, including information, referral, advice and ongoing casework services
- Working closely with the Centre's Director and Finance & Administration Manager to ensure that organisational goals and requirements are met;
- Contributing to and supporting a cooperative and productive team environment, and ensuring that behaviour and conduct meets organisational expectations; and
- Being a role model for Centre staff and volunteers, including providing ongoing guidance and support as required.
In addition you will:
- Provide direct client and other services across the Centre's various service programs, including the provision of community education, liaison and promotional work, and law reform work; and
- Assist in the maintenance, development and strengthening of the Centre’s professional and organisational networks and relationships.
To view the position information, please click here.
To be considered for this position, you must hold a Bachelors Degree in Law. In addition, you must be eligible as an Australian Legal Practitioner to hold an unrestricted Practising Certificate in QLD.
The successful candidate must work effectively and cooperatively with the Senior Management Team and staff to achieve quality legal services in accordance with the Centre's strategic initiatives and operational matters, as determined by the Centre's Director. You will have demonstrated leadership experience, with the attitude required to effectively guide and support professional staff and volunteers. You will also be expected to be a daily role model for the Centre's organisational culture.
Your well-prepared and highly organised nature will be crucial to your success in the role, as will your ability to be agile in responding to emerging demands and to manage competing priorities.
Most importantly, you'll be passionate about the work, and will have a genuine interest in working to help people who are experiencing disadvantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of disadvantaged and marginalised clients - Apply Now!
Please note: The close date has been extended. Applications will now close at 5:00pm, Friday 31st January, 2020