Manager, Housing and Finance Operations
- Come and experience life in one of Canada's northernmost communities and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Competitive salary starting at $99,743 plus a northern allowance starting at $20,000
- Challenging and rewarding role for an experienced manager!
About the Opportunities
Multiple candidates are required for the exciting employment opportunity of Manager, Housing and Finance Operations with our team in Qikiqtaaluk, Nunavut.
In these roles, you will report to the Board of Directors of the Local Housing Organization (LHO) and will be responsible for the full accounting cycle as well as human resources, maintenance, budgeting, rental collection, board relations and administrative functions of the LHO.
You will also supervise the administration and maintenance staff and act as Secretary to the Board of Directors. Support is provided to the Manager by the Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) staff in the areas of Finance, Maintenance, Board relations, and Programs Administration.
The LHO operates under a management agreement with the NHC, as such the Manager has a reporting relationship with the NHC and will be required to work closely with the District Office in carrying out the management function at the LHO.
The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary education in Business Administration and/or Accounting with previous management experience, with direct experience with full cycle accounting and property management (including budgeting, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, cost control, and interpretation of financial statements).
You will also possess:
- An excellent understanding of general accounting practices and principles
- Strong computer skills including hands-on experience with accounting software
- Experience in financial management
- Supervisory and human resources skills with the ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to apply and enforce policies provided by the NHC and take positive action in the collection of current rent and outstanding rental arrears. Additionally, experience in one or more of the areas of housing maintenance, social housing administration, residential tenancies, public tendering and contract administration, labour relations, and computer network administration is required.
Due to the sensitive nature of this role, you will be required to undergo a criminal record check and a credit check. Additionally, a valid Class 5 Driver's License is essential.
Finally, you must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is an asset, as is knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land, and Inuit Qaujimajatugang.
About the Benefits
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary of $99,743+ and a northern allowance of $20,000+. You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- Enrollment in the NEBS Pension Plan and Insurance
- Substantial vacation period
- Subsidized Staff Housing
- Relocation and removal assistance
If you are looking for a role where no two days are the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you - APPLY TODAY!